FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
NAS Kingsville is pleased to welcome you and your family to this action-packed event. The men and women of NAS Kingsville pledge that we will do everything that we can to make sure your visit to NAS Kingsville for the "Wings Over South Texas" Air Show is safe and fun.
FREE General Admission
General Admission to the Wings Over South Texas Air Show is FREE of charge and includes FREE parking (subject to capacity) on base.
In order to keep possibly dangerous items outside the flight line, ALL bags will be briefly inspected as you come through the various flight line entry points and may be confiscated. ALL CONFISCATED ITEMS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
- Ice chests and coolers
- Large bags (bags larger than a small purse or fanny pack), duffel bags, briefcases, large camera bags, and large packages
- All weapons (regardless of permit) including: firearms, knives (including pocket knives and multi-tools), walking sticks (except for handicap use), and all other items that the NASK Security force may deem dangerous.
- Drones of any size
- Alcoholic beverages
- Food or drink
- Pets (other than service animals)
- Glass containers
- Bicycles, roller skates, roller blades, hoverboards or skateboards.
All authorized items will be inspected prior to entering the flight line. It is recommended that spectators minimize the number and size of authorized items to reduce the time required for inspection prior to access to the flight line. The following items are permitted:
- Cell phones, pager and FRS transceivers (may be asked to turn off and on)
- Handheld portable radios, TVs, and scanners
- Small fanny packs and purses
- Cameras and camcorders (may be required to open these items during inspection)
- Folding chairs and lawn chairs (chairs in bags are subject to search)
- Baby bags and strollers, if attending with an infant or small child.
Smoking, including the use of e-cigarettes, is not permitted anywhere on the flight line, in the vicinity of aircraft, or vendor tents or chalets. Designated smoking areas are posted outside the entrance to the flight line and will require you to go through the entry and inspection points again.